2023 Cybersecurity and Data Protection Awareness Campaign
From October 1, 2023, to November 17, 2023, NCSA delivers the annual national cyber security and data protection awareness campaign under the theme ‘Tekana Online: Protect Personal Data and Privacy!’
The campaign comes during a significant period where Rwanda’s Law on Personal Data Protection and Privacy approaches the end of its two-year transitional period (October 15, 2023).
It is in this regard that alongside raising awareness of cybersecurity best practices, the Tekana Online campaign will sensitize the public on their rights as Data Subjects, and Data Controllers and Data Processors of their obligations to protect personal data and guarantee privacy.
Personal Data and Privacy!
The campaign will reach across the country through traditional media, roadshows, town hall meetings, online events and social media platforms, under the following key messages:
- Know your rights as a Data Subject
- Know your obligations as a Data Controller or Data Processor
- Fight cybercrime
- Protect Children online
- Menya uburenganzira ufite ku makuru yawe bwite
- Menya inshingano z’umugenzuzi w’amakuru n’utunganya amakuru
- Rwanya ibyaha bikorwa hifashishijwe ikoranabuhanga
- Rinda abana kuri murandasi
To keep up with the campaign, follow the hashtag #TekanaOnline on all of our social media platforms: